Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Rosie's Birthday Cake

It is hard to believe my baby girl is 17 months today! She is a piece of work. She loves climbing on stuff, meowing like a kitty, wooting like an owl and is happy to sit on her brother's bed and look at books. Oh, and she roars like a dinosaur.

In honor of this 17 month milestone, I am sharing photos from her birthday. I really wanted to make a cake that looked like this.

Unfortunately, this novice cake decorator couldn't pull it off. In the end, I was happy with the way they turned out. It was reminiscent of a drippy castle down at the shore. I made a large cake for the family and a smaller one - like a giant cupcake for her.

I went with the Fabiani favorite "Can't Fail Chocolate Cake" with "Fluffy White Icing" died pink with a little strawberry jam. Yum! It was super hot and humid - a vast different kind of weather than what we are experiencing this week!

No comments: