Sunday, January 26, 2014

My One Word

New Years Resolution Time has come and gone. I fine with that. I refused to be guilted into losing my baby muffin top or reading more books or getting my son to eat veggies. Its just too much pressure. Too much failure.  Last year, I heard about the One Word idea for starting of a new year. Pick one word you want to focus on. Last year, my one word was Consistency . Round about spring looking at sign over my sink that said "Consistency" just wasn't working for me.

I just wasn't succeeding - enough. So I changed my word. The word that came to me was "Lighthearted" so while I was at the sink washing dishes I thought to myself "Be Lighthearted." I am still am saying that to myself because I need the reminder! Throughout the day, I am often reminded at just how unlighthearted I am.

So when I was thinking about my One Word for 2014 I wanted one that felt more uplifting and less convicting. I was outside and noticed the sun rays shining like a spotlight through the clouds. Shine. Seek. Either one will work nicely.

I decided to go with Seek. Seek to be more lighthearted. Seek to do things more efficiently. Seek to play more and yell less. So, I printed out a bunch of verse about seeking. "Seek first the kingdom...."

Seeking will no doubt lead to Shining something I want to do for my children. Shine the love of Jesus so they will love Jesus someday because they saw Him in me.

So my One Word is just a little more.

Seek to Shine. I like it. It works for me, sure as heck sounds better than "consistency"


No comments: