Monday, January 27, 2014

Downtown Dinners 1 & 2

We are doing Downton Abbey Dinner Night again. Pulling out the china dishing up something yummy, which really seems pretty hard lately because I feel like I have lost my cooking edge. Nothing satisfies me or comes out right. Mrs.Patmore I am not! As I was thinking about it though, it is what she gets paid for and she has all day to put it together. I don't. Maybe if facebook disappeared I could at least get things started earlier...

Episode 1 comprised of lamb shoulder chops. Very yummy. Very little meat. Rosie that little carnivore wanted more and more.... I made fancy twice cooked potato puffs. They were more pretty than tasty.



Episode 2 consisted of salmon cakes. These were the best batch I have made in a while. It might be that I finally have Old Bay and I also used Ritz crackers instead of breadcrumbs. I am using panko bread crumbs for the outside coating and they give them a really great crunch! With a side of overcooked green beans and pasta with garlic, olive oil, olives and spinach.



No comments: