Friday, January 31, 2014

A Fabulous Forty Project: Light Art

I have been wanting to do this Pinterest project for over a year. I have had the supplies for over a year. For months, I have been looking at that blank canvas and wondering 2 things: when will I find time to do this and will it look as cute as the "pin"?

There has definitely been this hesitation to start it because I just didn't want one of those Pinterest Pin Fails. I really wanted it to look cute so as long as I didn't start it I couldn't fail it.

But that is not the 40 year old way - or at least it shouldn't be. So you can call this my first Fabulous Forty Event (Event for lack of a better word.)

One day this January, I just decided to do it. Baby Girl was sleeping, Little Boy was watching a show and I just started poking holes in the canvas with a meat thermometer.

In the end, it is not perfect but it turned out much better than the fail I feared! I was pleased and I love the extra light. It has a nice festive and happy feel. I need that during these arctic vortexes that keep hitting us.

I guess I just figured putting off the project was bothering more than fearing the results. I guess that is a good lesson for just about anything.

Putting stuff off out of fear keeps you from possible success.
That sounds like something a 40 year old would say.

No comments: