Monday, December 10, 2012

Volvo Dreams

Once upon a time, I found out that Volvo's were top rated for being very safe cars. So I decided that when I had kids I wanted to have a Volvo...

As neither of us are mini-van people a stationwagon was a good family car for our growing family.

First, I kind of had to talk him out of getting me a 1996 Buick Roadmaster Estate Stationwagon ...
We then, decided to look for a Volvo stationwagon.

We sold my Honda Civic that I had for one week shy of 10 years! We sold it the day after I got out of the hospital. So many changes in such a short time... Then, the Volvo we had our eyes on sold. So I was left to drive my husbands Lincoln towncar -big boat that it is. He assures me its no bigger than the cars I drove in high school and college. Alas, I did get use to it.

Finally, after 2 and half months what we were looking for came up. This lovely 2004 white wagon. Its not in mint condition and I can only assume that most people looked at the great mileage and the few dings and decided it was worth it to them. But when you have a hubby who knows how to fix stuff -it makes for a great deal! Even if he didn't - its still an awesome car!

This car is not only the answer to prayer for a very present need, but is also the fruition of a very old dream which was to drive my kids in a Volvo.

No comments: