Saturday, December 08, 2012

Cows in a Hurricane

As hurricane Sandy ravaged the East Coast - we waited to see if Chester County, PA would be hit too. We were prepared. I had food cooked and ready to be warmed on a propane cook stove or a grill. I had water in buckets, mason jars and jugs. I had a cooler. I had numerous containers -prepared days in advance- frozen solid to help keep the freezer chest cold. I was ready.

We waited and checked the news to see how Sandy was tracking.

The lights only flickered once or twice.

We woke up and realized nothing awful happened to us.

The floodgates in my hometown did what they were supposed to - probably because Sandy didn't come up the Delaware River like it could have. My hometown was spared.

God was very merciful to us.

As the rain came down,  the cows came out to graze as they do everyday. It just struck me as kind of funny as we looked out the window watching the rain and the cows and wondering what was going to happen. Weather is not as predictable as these cows.

No comments: