Wednesday, June 01, 2016

The Knitter

I looked out at the little 3, 4 and 5 year old faces before me. There were at least 10 children. We were discussing and reading from Psalm 139 : 13-14

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
 
 
I told them that I can remember almost everyone of them being knit in their momma's belly. I remembered excited announcements, swollen mommas, tiny faces, ornery toddlers. What a blessing to be able to say I witnessed, this room of fearfully and wonderfully made kids being knit together to become the funny kids they are today shy, boisterous, still a little clingy, smart and wonderful kids.
 
Which makes the idea of moving away from them all the harder.
 
There are precious children out there where we will move to. But I don't know them yet. We have no history. I have no history or sweet memories with their mothers. Nor do they have any woven connection to me and my babies.
 
Just loose strands out there and I am just not sure I know what do with that yet.
 
To trust the Master Knitter, why is that so hard?


(written in the fall of 2015)

No comments: