Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Peace on Board

We have been looking for a house all year. Looking forward to a house even longer.

When what we needed wasn't showing up the search area expanded.

Then we found a house. A house with character. Which we always wanted.

He liked it at first. I was not convinced. It is so far from my family (almost 3 hours) and certainly would require leaving our church. Which I guess I always knew would have to be the case though I thought I could transition out of a church that was 45 minutes away rather than go cold turkey from one 1.45 minutes away.

So I was told of a couple from my hometown who lives in the same area and was told they "love it" out there. So I did a little facebook stalking and based on what I could see they love it out there!

This peace - you know the peace that surpasses all understanding- washed over me, If they can raise a couple of happy kids there, so can we.

So I was onboard.

However, that has not stopped me from coming home from church everyday for the last month or more with wet eyes, a red nose and the regret of ever putting on mascara.



(written in the fall of 2015)

No comments: