Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Christmas Shells

The last few years we have been doing Christmas dinner differently. Usually we would do a turkey dinner and/or ravioli. Lately, we pick something that's a treat that we don't normal have like veal or prime rib.

This year it was veal cutlets and stuffed shells. I made the stuffed shells because I can't eat regular ravioli neither can my mom or brother. Making stuffed shells seemed a lot easier than making dairy free ravioli.

So this is what I did for my Christmas Stuffed Shells.

Pound+/- of ground meat (I had veal but it smelled funny so I had to pitch it and used turkey)
A Bag of frozen spinach
Onion
garlic
Mashed potatoes
egg
bread crumbs
salt & pepper

I cooked the meat, added all the other stuff to it and then stuffed the cooked shells with the concoction.

It was so easy after I got over the sorrow of the spoiled veal and after my neighbor provided me with more mashed potatoes -because I had less than I thought.
The baby took one of his 2 hour naps (PTL) and I got them all done Christmas Eve.

We smothered it in sauce and called it Christmas Dinner.



I am excited to try them again maybe making them a little bit more like pierogies next time hmm potato, onion and spinach - yum!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Looks delicious! I made baked ziti last night and this would have been such a great step up from that!