Wednesday, February 07, 2007

On Dying Well

This week I have witnessed from a far -through the intimacy of blogs- the triumphant homegoing of Al Groves a professor at Westminster Theological Seminary.

Although I met him only once and emailed him a couple of times for work I have been greatly touched by his dying so well. He was a man that was loved by all those who knew him. I remember my heart broke with the Westminster community when they found out last year that Al had terminal cancer because I knew how important he was to them.

Over the past year, I witnessed through his blog what happens when a Christian gets cancer.
His wife blogged on his final days and hours that there was much storytelling, laughing, singing, praying, and the blessed assurance that soon Al would see Jesus face to face.

He died well because he lived well.

http://algroves.info/ If anything read the entry for 1-16-07...

No comments: