Sunday, February 11, 2007

Reflections


It was cold and sunny and a glorious Saturday. Because hope, glory and wonder abound my afternoon walk at the creek refreshed and ushered me into the presence of God.
The stirring sound of the moving water and the way the water reflected the sunlight on the underside of the "Monet" bridge as I like to think of it was just gorgeous! (I tried to get this to play as a video, but no such luck.)
When my fingers started to go numb I decided to sit in the car with the heater on! From my car seat, I looked over at the opposite side of bridge and I could see more reflections on the underside of the bridge and then I saw 2 deer -one of which was dripping wet. I thought to myself: if I had come a little later or a little earlier or if I parked in a different place or left right away I might not has seen either. What a loss that would have been!
And the song that played in the background of these thoughts and the deer and the sunny reflections went like this, "...Here in your presence heaven and earth become one..." That's what it felt like heaven and earth were melding together and I was in God's presence and his reflection could be seen all around.

No comments: