Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Where Am I ?

Driving along to work today I was lost in thought... Something about being upset with a woman that said something really ignorant about a man I greatly respect. I started thinking about what it is I don't like about this woman and how maybe I don't like her because I see something of myself in her behavior. That kind of alarmed me as I did draw parallels which I'll for go airing here... Nevertheless, it was enough to really draw me into deep contemplation while I sat in traffic at a red light.

So I sat and thought and waited. And then the light turned green. I snapped out of my zone and I had KNOW IDEA WHERE I WAS!!! I don't mean I was lost like a made a wrong turn. I mean nothing looked familiar to me. Its like the memory of this road, this route where I was going even was momentarily gone. I was scared to death because I knew I was supposed to know. I knew I needed to make move. I finally came close enough to the street sign and kind of recognized the name (I should I drive it ever freaking day!!!) and I also knew I hadn't been a sleep -though that was suggested when I told someone the story. I just completely blanked! And it frightened me - a lot!

Hopefully, I am too young for senility so I am going to attribute this to the head cold I have which all day had me in a fog, sneezing and wishing I could stick tissue up my nose while I was at work- not a real professional look you know...

I could also super-spiritualize this experience but the fog is coming back and I think it might be time for a hot toddie and bed. But I think it could be summed up like this: God I don't know where I am with you and I think I may have said something ignorant to you.

No comments: