Friday, June 22, 2012

Its the Grilling Life for Me



It's the grilling life for me - because I don't have to do it! Years ago, our friend gave us his old grill and my husband refurbished it this spring in anticipation of the 1/4 side of grass fed beef we ordered.

Whereas, when I cook I often just make it up as I go or alter a recipe much to his chagrin because sometimes it doesn't turn out so great or sometimes I just can't duplicate it again! He on the other hand, follows recipes to a T. So before we grill we/he looks up an exact way to do it.


Enter the zucchini. I can't say I have ever had grilled zucchini. We definitely never made it before. But we are sold. I think this is the best way to eat it. For several reasons:

  • It cooks quick.
  • You don't heat up the kitchen sauteing it for 20 minutes.
  • You can actually feel like it is filling rather than eating limp cooked to death zucchini.
  • There is some substance to it.
  • Flavor even with minimal spices, whereas sauteed seemed to need a lot of spice to get a good flavor.
Then, there was the asparagus. Same results. Same reasons. Good stuff.

The recipe: brush veggies with olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper, garlic powder and Italian spices You could use a variety of spices. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.

We are sold on grilling veggies and I am looking forward to trying some other veggies this summer. It should be a tasty summer of grilling with a lot less sauteing!

This was Father's Day dinner.
Yum.

No comments: