Thursday, June 07, 2012

History Recycled

Several years ago, when my grandpop's cousin Mary passed away, I picked up 2 items that had been her's at a yardsale.  One was a navy blue dress coat that fits me perfectly. It is vintage and still in excellent condition.

The other item was a white chenille bedspread. I used the bedspread for many summers. It had gotten too tattered, stained and worn to continue to use so.... I decided I would cut away the bad parts and recycle the good portions for a baby blanket or something.
Well I recently found a good use for it. My mom picked up a  rocker for $3 at a yardsale. I didn't use a rocker with my son, but my acupuncturist/chiropractor said that the rocking motion is excellent for the nursing body. So we shall see how it goes with baby #2.

I covered a kitchen seat cushion that we gave up using. For the back I just used quilt batting. It is just enough cushion for bottom and back! I am so tickled that I was able to come up with a good use for Mary's blanket and that I didn't have to spend anything to add cushions to my rocker. So I guess you could say I recycled something somewhat historical - that makes me happy too.

1 comment: