Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Shower

I need to play a little catch up because important events have happened... very blog worthy events and I have just not had the time or energy or Internet connection. So....

On March 1, my mom and friend Carrie hosted my Bridal Shower at a Tea Room. It was an absolutely lovely day. It was everything I could have ever hoped for in a Bridal Shower - there were NO corny games!

We had tea, finger sandwiches and little pastries. There was lovely music playing in the background and all my female family and friends were gathered together. What made it even more special for me is that everyone was asked to where a hat. (Because I collect hats and love to wear them.) So it was fun to see everyone in hats. Some where old some were new some where borrowed. Everyone seem to enjoy themselves - even those who are in general Bridal-Showered-Out!

I arrived in a green hat - because it was cold out that day.

This me, my matron of honor Carrie and my mom. I am in the hat Walter's mom sent for me.

Mom and here good friend Dianne. I came home exhausted. I couldn't believe how tired I was but I was so happy. I talked about how wonderful my shower was for days!

Some of the other really special things that happened during the shower...

My friend Nancy came all the way down from Hoboken!

My aunt Roz gave me a pin cushion that belonged to Grandmom Mary. She is my cousin's other Grandma but she was like my own too. I loved her dearly. So it is nice to have something of hers to remind of her spunky practical ways.

And cousin Lorraine made peach cookies... more on them next








1 comment:

Brandy said...

I thought the hat idea was smart! Great job to your mom and Carrie! Sorry I had to miss it!