Friday, April 18, 2008

Hope in India

I have a fascination with India and I at times grieve over the injustices of women there. I got involved with Shared Hope International which works to rescue women caught in sex trafficking. I wish I could do more than send the occasional check...

Last month, they sent out a picture of a beautiful, smiling, young woman. On the back of the car it said:

"No one smiled where Sunni was held captive in the desperate brothel district of Mumbai, India. But today, thanks to your generosity and the healing hand of God, Sunni is not only smiling... she's in love! Sunni will be married in April - a dream she never thought would come true."

And I thought to myself as I got all choked up, "Sunni I am getting married in April too and I use to think it would never happen for me." And I was amazed how this far away Indian woman who was rescued from a brothel !! could be used to remind me that April weddings happen all over the world. Dreams come true...

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Oh how wonderful! That just about brought me to tears! How neat indeed! April Blessings!