Thursday, March 08, 2007

Blurred Beauty

I had this dream last night that I was at my friend Scott's new apartment. And when I looked out his windows I saw great big castles on little islands in the river. They were beautiful but he was up so high that it appeared like everything around me was moving and swaying. So I couldn't even enjoy the view. I had to look away because it was making me sick to my stomach.

After a day of pondering this dream, I think the interpretation is something like this... the circumstances in life are keeping me from seeing the beauty that is all around me. So I can either look and steel myself until I don't feel as affected by the movement of circumstances or I can continue to look away and not see the beauty all around... even the beauty in the circumstances.

No comments: