Thursday, December 07, 2006

My Day Off

I had a lot planned for my day off yesterday: blood test, Verizon tech. coming to fix our DSL, baking cookies, and making ravioli - one of my 101 things to do in the next 1001 days.

I got up early. It is amazing how much easier it is to get out bed when you are about to do something you really want to do. What I wanted to do was get busy cooking, in order to do that I had to get to the lab for a blood test. The first place I went to couldn't take me... wrong forms for my insurance :-{
So I went to another lab. I walk in and there are only 2 people there -the phlebotomists. I saw one of them asleep against the wall and I said to myself, "This doesn't good." Just as I about to go get my blood drawn by "Dopey" Verizon called me. I'll spare you the details of incompetence and misinformation from Verizon; however, the actual tech guy did a great job! So back to the blood test with Dopey... I said to her,"Are you sure you are awake?" She said, "Yeah, I was just making poetry in my head." Oh brother....

Well, before I knew it she was making blood drip all over my arm. So she had to go to the other arm where I could *feel* her changing the vials each time. By the time she was done I was near to passing out. I was lightheaded and clammy. I had to sit there for a full 5 minutes to get myself back together again.

Making the ravioli was a lot more fun -although a lot of work! I will blog on the CWP about that, I think people will appreciate the recipes I made up as I went along the way. I will tell you mom and I made about 200. They are delicious. We still had a little bit of energy to go buy a "white elephant" gift for a Christmas Eve party.

All in all it was a good day off, very productive and I love productive days!

No comments: