Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The Reunion

The reunion for which I was in angst over for months has now come and gone.
Now I must say that I did not have PMS. If I had the results may have been entirely different. Only 9 people from our class of 60something showed up. The people I most wanted to see weren't there but then neither were the people I least wanted to see. I wasn't the only "still single" there either, which was surprising and also encouraging. I was truly amazed at how people "haven't changed" and yet you know they have because all those pretenses and cliques that ruled high school life had sort of slipped away. I guess the true test would be how it would feel and what would be said -if anything- if the people we/I least wanted to see came.
That's when you find out who's changed for the better and who is still the same for real.

Overall, it was fine. I was glad Carrie went. Not sure I could have done it on my own even without PMS!

2 comments:

Janel said...

I'm glad to hear it went "well."

Anonymous said...

You are braver than I am, I didn't even go to my reunion. What year was this for us? I can't even calculate it!

Thank you for sending me this link. I think I had the wrong link to your site. I never got anything. Thanks!

Last night we showed Kara the video of when she was a week old. And there you were, holding her and the quilt you made for her. She liked that!