Thursday, December 28, 2006

Turning 33

My Birthday has now come and gone. I'll admit turning 33 was hard one to take. I thought I got it all out of my system 3 months ago, but the week preceding my big day on Dec. 22 wasn't pretty. I cried in the bathroom a work. I cried in the shower and at bedtime and at the chiropractor's.

My college friend says it best and it’s the reason for so many tears:
"Well- chin up girl. I know all about turning 33. 34 is in 5 months for me. My best friend is giving birth. 3 other friends are pregnant, others getting married, others loving being a stay at home mom. And here I am working hard because I have to. It does not seem fair but God has not lead me to a man to marry yet. So, here I will be ‘til then I guess."
Yeah that sums it up Friend. And I bang my head against the wall to figure out why it has to be this way, when I know that both of us are good women who long to be wives & mothers.

But there is nothing else to do but enjoy what we do have... and stay young in our heart instead of depressed. So... on my birthday...
  • My roommate laid out beautiful breakfast then we went ice skating!
  • For lunch we drank mimosas and ate fried hotdogs.
  • I got a new haircut (of which I am very pleased.)
  • Then, I went to dinner with 3 friends and a baby and they made me a pink cake (never had a pink cake before).

All in all it was a pleasant day. Thank God for that!

No comments: