Saturday, December 01, 2018

Why I love Being Your Mother 2018

My yearly tradition thwarted because I was sick in bed on Mother's Day.

I could try to do it today on a day when you both have worked hard at my sanctification.

For some reason, I am having a hard time with this. Partly, because I feel woefully inadequate as your mother. I am desperately afraid of screwing you up. Of you not being successful and it all coming squarely back to my shoulders. Because you are with me all day and I am your teacher as well as your mom. I am afraid some day you will grow up and not call me for weeks at a time. I am afraid you won't remember the good. But will instead act out every bad habit you learned from me.

Moms are human. We struggle with self control and being kind too. Some days our tone is harsh and you don't understand what hormones are yet.

I won't stop trying though.

Because at the end of the day, I want you to be better than me.

I want you to inspire people to stronger faith.
I want you to be the one who is kind to the ones others are mean too.
I want you to go into the world and make it better.

You are 2 of the most creative kids I know and you could fill the world with your invention ideas, songs and stories. Your chatter makes my head swirl some times but you are full of spirit and sparkle.

I am believing that one day all good stuff that brews in your brains and is contained in your hearts will combine with the hopes I have for you... to God be the Glory.


No comments: