Saturday, December 01, 2018

Confession

(Drafted in June)

I use to read the Bible everyday.  Everyday, even if just a few verses. I didn't always feel moved by what I read but I felt that the habit was valuable to continue. I did it for decades not just years.

Then, I just didn't do it one night, then another, then another.

I read the kids Bible stories all the time. I tell myself that's enough. But it is not. I know because I am living with my soul.  My soul is thirsty. My soul is dry. My soul is longing. My soul is not feed.

It's been 3 years since I had a Bible study. No group of women I could dig deep with. No group of people to be insightful with.

No feasting. No spark. No refreshing.

I am the field of dry bones.

Breath new life into me.
Give me fresh eyes to see.

No comments: