Friday, July 31, 2015

A Better Way

At the end of the day, I always think what can I do tomorrow to make it a better day?
What new way - can I actually put into practice that will achieve new and better results? Results that will increase obedience, clear off the freezer top, no food crumbs on the floor, less yelling, more soft answers, more grace, less impatience.

Most days by bedtime - I feel a failure because I never wrote down that inspiring verse I want to have right under my freaking nose. I didn't pray enough. My house is in shambles. I caved and gave them grilled cheese and dried pineapples for dinner instead of what I made for dinner. Spent too much time on facebook and crawled into bed way too late.

The daily beating up of myself is taking its toll.

I don't see a way out of this thinking, failure is everywhere I turn. Half of what I think I regret, Half of what I say I regret. How do I stop these thoughts? How do I start seeing the positives instead of the negatives?

Then, out of the blue someone will come along and boost me up. Filling up the depleted. Reminding me that I am an interesting person, a pleasure to be around and actually have something to offer that people appreciate. I am reminded that the daily grind is hard but you do your best and trust that God is going to help fructify all the hard work I do.

Then, with that renewed strength I spend less time on facebook and start looking for small ways to make changes. Lately, this better way has me feeling less like a failure so I count that a blessing.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

You are an interesting person in the midst of a very tiring time of motherhood! And yes, Facebook makes it challenging. I know all too well.