Sunday, July 26, 2015

Great Decisions

There is something to be said for daylight streaming through the window and two sweet and sleeping children.

There is something to be said for solitude and quiet during the afternoon.
Something different than bedtime.
Something rare and decadent.
Something that leaves me wondering...
     
What the heck do I do now?

The list is long! The time will fly by.
Do I nap, cook, wrap presents (it was Christmastime), catch up on QuickBooks?!

I decide to do the second most indulgent thing - the first being a nap.
I put my feet up and read.

I was inspired by this quote from the book The Best Yes: Making Wise Decision in the Midst of Endless Demands.

"Great descriptions (of people) are birthed from great decisions."

Just let that sink in.

A fitting jewel to find considering my eldest was taking a nap as a "punishment" for being disobedient - that is making bad decisions.

From there, I dozed for a few minutes woke up refreshed and inspired. I moved on to the Christmas cards that were pursing their lips at me to hurry up and get them done.

Its hard enough to decide what to do when one is sleeping but two is such an anomaly anymore. I felt the need to make the most of it but maybe making the most really has more to do with not doing and just being.

I made a lot of decisions on this day, some not so good choices. I think I made a good decision on this one thing though.  Maybe someday - some day very far from today- someone will be able to say, "Liz, she knows how to use her time wisely." That is a description I would be pleased to give birth to.

No comments: