Thursday, April 16, 2009

Tax Tea Party

I went to a tea party yesterday... a tax day tea party. I was planning to go to town anyway for a massage. Then, I found out that there was a tea party planned for the corners of State and Union in Kennett Square, PA which was exactly where I was headed! So I figured I would try to do both.

As luck would have it, I had time before my appointment so I joined in with the protesters. It was raining but people didn't seem to mind they just put clear plastic bags over their protest signs. We waved tea bags, American flags, and a "Don't tread on me" flag at the cars as they drove by and many people honked their cars horns in solidarity. For as liberal as this area is I was impressed by the turn out and the honks. A good 50 people were there.

It was a beautiful sight to see these die-hard Americans protest our governments spending and taxing habits. We pay too much. When I think of all the things I could do with my tax money... and when I hear about all the things they spend on that are really behind the scope of what our fore fathers envisioned for government.... It is staggering and kind of depressing.

I felt proud to be American yesterday standing in the rain with people who have also feel they are Taxed Enough Already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even lots of folks in more liberal areas contain that thing in the American bloodstream which loves liberty. Great to see a good turnout. www.shirts4freedom.com