Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Everyday Food

For 4 years, I ate lunch with one fabulous cook. At least I think he was good, I only sampled a couple things over the years. He explained in detail how he made each dish and everything always looked and smelled fantastic. I was never much for recipes. I usually made things up as I went along. But thanks to my lunch buddy I acquired a respect for the recipe. He introduced me to his 2 favorite sources of recipes... Williams and Sonoma and Everyday Food. I have become a fan of both myself.

Williams and Sonoma has produced such sweet creations as pecan pie made with maple syrup and the tasty concoction percolating in the crock-pot as I type.

Everyday Food is like a box of goodies for me. When it comes in the mail, I curl up on the sofa and slowly leaf through the little magazine looking at each pictured dish trying to decide, "is that something hubby and I would like to eat?" Then, I will turn the corner of recipes I want to try. I actually tried a lot of recipes and repeated the recipes too.

The books were piling up and so I came up with a quick reference plan for looking for a favorite recipe or when I need to be inspired. I stuck a post-a-note on the back of the magazine and listed the recipes that interested me + the page number. Its been working for me.

Everyday Food is keeping us well fed.

No comments: