Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Decorating

I have tried not to cover the house in red and green and holly. Isn't amazing how we can squeeze snowmen and candles into places we would normally not ever put stuff. All in the name of holiday decorating...

To feats of decorating success I have had this Christmas are my swag and my Tiffany bowl.

One Christmas I fell in love with this idea... I was at friends house for Christmas Eve and she had lights and glass Christmas balls hanging from an evergreen swag and they all hung over the living room windows. I have tried to duplicate her masterpiece - minus the lights because there is nowhere to plug them in. Notice the little snowman hanging on for dear life!

Last Saturday, I went to a craft show looking for something Christmasy for our coffee table. I saw a few possibilities but nothing that made me want to spend my future house money on. So I came home empty handed. But when I started decorating the next day I came up with this creation using the Tiffany bowl we received as a wedding gift + Christmas balls + a few sprigs of the tree that were cut off. And what do we have a ? a colorful bowl of found items that didn't cost me extra. Gotta love that!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Crafty and cute! Enjoy your first Christmas together as a married couple!