Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Fully Committed Part 2

This is the TV Cabinet Walter and I hauled up the stairs. I have thought a lot about that adventure. One could say it was a real relationship builder.

While mulling over what it means to be fully committed, I recalled a conversation I had with a Christian woman recently about a time when she and her husband were experiencing a lot of tension and she considered getting a divorce. The fact that divorce was threatened added more pressure to an already ugly tension.


But then, like me pushing up the rear of this TV cabinet, she made the conscious decision that divorce was not an option for her after all. She would stick it out no matter how difficult. She told her husband, "I am in this for the long haul. Divorce is not an option." That decision made all the difference in the marriage and relationship.


I hear marriage is work and you have to be fully committed... to making it work. Otherwise you might be left holding the TV cabinet or end up with one on your head!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Good follow up post!

And Walter meets our approval, even without 5 hours of questioning by Russ and I. : )