Thursday, July 05, 2007

Reminds Me of the Wardrobe... in Narnia

We'll be moving into our new office suite next week Right now, I am surrounded by boxes and volunteers. They are eager to help, but they leave me flustered as I am not a good mover, packer, or delegater. And I don't like to be rushed.

I have seen a lot go into this building as the skilled workers came and went and did there thing.
And now that it is almost finished I have been able to go from one building to another with great ease... now that the wall between the buildings is a doorway.

To get to the new building you have to go through the supply closet and each time I open the door and go through the dark closet full of paper, envelopes, boxes and a refrigerator I am struck by what a strange sense of delight it causes. I get the sense that I am like Lucy or Edmund climbing through the Wardrobe into Narnia. I am walking through confusion and dusty boxes into something new and kind of unchartered.

It won't be this way for long... soon the closet will be demolitioned, but for now I will hold on to that bit of wonder each little trek through the closet to the new building creates.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

How creative! I love the way your mind works!