Friday, May 04, 2007

Mill & Bryn Mawr Ave.

Its not the first time I have had revelation and/or startling at the intersection of Mill and Bryn Mawr. There was the time I blanked out and had know idea where I was -now that was very startling!

So today, I waited at the red light as a woman turned the corner coming around what felt like dangerously close to me! I said to myself, "We put so much trust in our fellow drivers not to kill us, maim us, or at the very least damage our car or catch our heart in our throat when just nearly scrape by all the above!"

It hardly seems possible to me that I could have so much trust in so many people who for moments in passing have my life in there hands and yet I have a hard time trusting God!

Why is it that it is so difficult to trust God, yet we trust our fellow drivers as they weave in and out and maneuver these machines in and out of parking spaces with such apparent skill. When really haven't we all learned it by trial and error?

Perhaps... we trust God more than we think we do because we trust fellow drivers. And isn't God in control of each of them? Or perhaps its not that we trust fellow drivers, its that we don't fully comprehend that we aren't the only people on the road! We drive around these people coming in and out of their lives running into anger, frustration and impatience and not enough waving people on who want to turn left.

Maybe its not so much that we put our trust in so many drivers but that so many drivers put their trust in you and me -the driver.

No comments: