Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Return To Joy

 A little phrase I have taken on as my motto this past year has been:

Return to Joy

Finding joy seems to be somewhat of a challenge. So when I am down, the shift to returning to joy seems all the more important. Not just for me but to encourage my kids to do the same.

I have been playing this song by Steffany Gretzinger No One Ever Cared for Me Like Jesus just about everyday for the past year. I don't grow tired of it.

These words convict me. Everyday.

These words are my prayer.

Let it be known in you alone
My joy was found
Oh my joy, my joy
Let my children tell their children
Let this be their memory

I want them to know me as a person of joy. I don't feel that I am yet, which is why I sing along as if it is my prayer.

I still have time to show them the importance of returning to joy, so not only will that be their memory of me, but also their way of life too. 



2 comments:

Brandy said...

This is encouraging and honestly a little convicting too. I need to examine my own heart to make sure I am choosing joy.

Michelle O. said...

Joy. I always thought it was something I needed to muster up. It’s not. Joy is found IN the Lord. Nehemiah- The joy of the Lord is my strength. Psalm 16 - On the presence of the Lord is my joy.
It’s good to reflect and return to joy - IN the Lord.