Monday, June 09, 2014

A Lovely Day Off

"What's a weekend?" 
 
I wonder that myself. Violet has a life of leisure. She probably had someone else nurse her babies too. I on the other hand... Don't get much time to myself. I am always on call and I am frequently being called. Many times and simultaneously. It can be draining.

Thanks to my mom, I got to go to the Downton Abbey display going on at Winterthur without my sweet children. The weekend prior we all went. The children were not enthused and I took my little raisin eating tyrant out and had a little pity party because I had been looking forward to seeing this and I could not get a good look at anything.

So to have the chance to go back and read everything and examine the details was so nice.

It was also a lovely day to walk and enjoy the grounds the weather was perfect and I sat for some time watching other people's kids feed the koi fish and I didn't have to worry about them falling in- like I would have if my kids were there.


I enjoyed watching others enjoy themselves. I walked down to one of my favorite spots. A spot that beacons to a kind of girl who likes to walk on rocks that have water coursing near it - even if it is only a little trickle.



It didn't matter to me that I didn't have on appropriate shoes.
I made the most of the day. I soaked in the sun. I revealed in the breeze.
I enjoyed my break away so I could recharge my weary self.



No comments: