Sunday, January 27, 2013

Baby's Breath

Some of our best memories can be captured in a photo. Some of our best memories are a photo. However, the senses must savor -and remember- what a camera can't capture. Those priceless movements, sensations and fragrances that can only impact the brain and cause regret if we don't make an effort to recall each detail.

My newest obsession to preserve is the smell of my baby's breath. I don't think I ever noticed it with Walter. Though I did note he didn't have morning breath until he was about 2 years old. I can't seem to get enough of Rosie's sweet breath. Rose's cousins have sweet breath too, so I have heard from their mommies. They are who made me take notice. One thought it was the sweetness of mother's milk. Maybe its the lack of teeth. Whatever it is my baby has the sweetest breath and I can't get enough. I wish I could bottle it in a pretty jar. Instead, I revel in her squeals of delight that let out that sweet fragrance. I now understand why the flower "Baby's Breath" got its name. It is a delicate sweet with a little spice. Just like my Rosie and her baby's breath.

4:42 am the time Rosie was born. Dad greeted her with a rose for a Rose along with some Baby's Breath.

No comments: