Sunday, October 07, 2012

Good Old George

Between PB&Js and no naptimes anymore, its hard to believe that only a few years ago I was a working woman. A single one at that!

I had the honor to work for a church and two pastors who were both different and inspiring. One put me in the middle of something that continues to have a far reaching impact - that I only see glimpses of from time to time. It was just a matter of typing, occasional proofreading and also an element of keeping the ball rolling. Sometimes it hits me profoundly what it means to have been part of a bestseller. Sure someone else could have done it, but God chose me.  I got to help keep the spirit and character and morals of George Washington alive in an age when the country and the world are desperate for men like him or even just one man like him.

And because not everyone has the time to read the 3 inch thick book - George Washington's Sacred Fire - there is now this song... be moved. Be moved to action.




Call this a Post Script. I watched the video again this time with my son. I got all emotional thinking about... How do you teach or instill into a 2 1/2 year old who George Washington was? Where do you even start to help him understand the magnitude of what George Washington did for us? What a responsibility, duty and honor it is to teach -begin to teach- a 2 1/2 year old who George Washington is. Oh to raise a son who will not only admire but emulate such a man.

And then I thought of Jesus - and the responsibility, duty and honor magnifies as I think about how I will teach my son to love and emulate Him. The end results are more eternal.

Then, he said, "Again" so we watched it again and I thought, "well I guess we are on the right road."

No comments: