Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Vicariously in Italy

One of my former students found me on Facebook a couple months ago. He had come across this picture I sent to him years ago of me "holding up" the Leaning Tower of Pisa. He wanted to let me know that he was going to Italy for a 6 week semester.
I was more than thrilled to hear from him and even more thrilled to hear his news! Having been single for so long, I had the great opportunity of doing a lot of traveling and I desperately wanted my students to see the world too!

So he is there now enjoying all the sights, smells and tastes of Italy. I living vicariously through him by reading his blog and Facebook updates! As his old teacher, I am filled with unspeakable pride when I see the skill with which he writes and the insight and imagery he uses to enable us to be there with him. I am just so glad that he is getting this experience. It is the fulfillment of my longheld desires for my students - to see God's world and explore of much of it as they can.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Oh how neat! I love hearing about or fromm former students too!