Wednesday, November 28, 2007

White Merlot & Red Pears

I don't like pears. I have finally gotten my Gram trained not to offer me pears. It has taken decades... On a whim I decided to try a red pear. I heard that there are pears that aren't gritty. (Its the grittiness I don't like.) I thought perhaps it was the red pear they were talking about.

Walter peeled the skin and sliced it up and it was like a little piece of sweet heaven! On another whim, I added a few pieces of red pear to the Forest Glen White Merlot I was sipping. Perhaps it was a perfect pear -pure sweetness no grittiness- coupled with wine. Oh my was it ever good!
I sad when I had eaten the last little morsel. I'll have to let Gram know she can start offering me red pears all the better if she has some White Merlot on hand as well! Its a grand combination. Its nice to let the tastebuds live a little on the edge.

No comments: