Tuesday, October 17, 2006

What is Glorious Today?

Random as they are this what I find glorious today.

Tomorrow it will be 12 years that my brother Louis has been in the presence of Jesus.
That is glorious. What is sad to me is that I can't remember what his laugh sounded like. I keep hoping I'll hear someone laugh and it will jog my memory that would be glorious! For now I guess I will be content to wait.

I keep listening to this song "Speak O Lord" by Keith Getty
(http://www.gettydirect.com/lyrics.asp?id=94

"Words of power that can never fail
Let their truth prevail over unbelief"

And I find myself melting over the truth that has prevailed despite my unbelief. Truth that is full of power and relentless even in my desire to stay in muck and mire. Truth that is so true I can't give into the whim to be agnostic at times because God doesn't want to play by my rules.

What is glorious about this song and the rest on the CD is that the songs have the power, authority and gospel truth of the old hymns but they don't sound like funeral dirges and you don't feel like you need a respiratory therapist when you get done singing! I gloriously belt out the songs in the car.

Today, the pastor and I had a brief moment with Habbakuk, he read from chapter 3:
Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, 18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. 19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights.

This passage raises up so many thoughts and memories... It is glorious to have this truth to hold on to -even if it is difficult to hold on to. It is a preventative or alternative to choosing agnostism!