Saturday, September 30, 2006

Due Today

Today the questionnaire for the upcoming multi-class high school reunion is due.

For the last 3 months the knowledge of this has weighed heavy on me. Its one of the reasons why when I cleaned my room last week the only thing I didn't touch was my desk top. I knew I would have to face that dreaded questionnaire that wants to know the name and occupation of my husband and the names and ages of my children. All these questions would remain blank and I just didn't like the idea of rubbing salt into my wounded heart that longs to have answers to those questions. But alas and a-lack I don't have any husband or children and no real hope -at least today- of ever having them.

One of the other questions was "What is your favorite memory of high school?" That one I can answer: GRADUATION DAY! That should be a major clue in my history of high school. It was at time torturous; as I fear the actual reunion will be. But I made a promise to God that when I had a class reunion to go to I would go and face some demons. I won't mention any names... at least not here.

I carried the questionnaire to and from work for a week and half and then finally spilled my lunch on it yesterday. After I made new copies and considered that tomorrow is the due date and I have PMS the thought occurred to me do I really need to send it in? I can still go to the reunion as I promised the Lord many years ago. Suddenly, it was decided. I am not sending the dang questionnaire in! It will be challenging enough actually going to the reunion but I am free at last of this unnecessary burden!

No comments: