Saturday, February 08, 2014

Ice Cream You Scream...

...we all scream for ice cream.

In honor of all the polar vortexes, I thought I would post my ice cream quilt.

I came to the conclusion, that I no longer can make a quilt by hand and actually get it done in a timely manner.  Too much to do and too many curious little fingers.

So I discovered this special iron on paper, that lets you can make an applique quilt simply by ironing the fabric. You don't have to sew a stitch!

I love it. I had it in my mind that I wanted to do this ice cream quilt for the summer and I knew I would never be able to get this done. I think for the time being this is the way for me to go. I liked doing it whereas the quilts I made on the sewing machine recently worked up quick but ugh I just don't like machine sewing!

Granted it is not finished, but it was done enough to enjoy all summer. One of these days, I may actually finish it.

No comments: