Friday, October 21, 2011

Projects Done

So I am working out my new cleaning and organizing system. Feeling very proud of myself that I don't have to scold Walter for touching the shower curtain when he takes a bath. I am feeling so motivated that I actually worked on a several projects and I am feeling mighty proud of my accomplishments this week.

This week is bedroom week so while the little monkey played in his room I dusted which brought me to the yard of fabric I just threw over the dresser while unpacking. I decided this is only 4 simple straight lines, I will pull out the sewing machine, put up the gate and sew right outside of his room. Worked like a charm and took no time at all. Project: Done.

While the machine was out I figured I would go ahead and hem a king size blanket I cut down to fit our bed. It was like a red fuzzy albatross around my neck now ... Project: Done! No picture. A picture doesn't do justice to the satisfaction of having that finally done.



Later on that day, I started working on a little pumpkin project which I found here. So many times I see really cute projects that I know I could do but I just don't take the time so much easier to surf the internet...but because I am feeling highly motivated... I have 4 patchwork pumpkins to keep or give away. Although in this picture it looks like I may end up with 3! This project took me a couple days to finish completely.



A couple weeks ago, I bought a HUGE box of organic apples from an Amish farmer. I am not sure it is any cheaper than buying organic in the store but at least I won't have to remember to buy it for a couple months. 7 pints of applesauce to be added to the other 12 I did in 2 other batches over the last 2 weeks.

I thought I would try some apple butter too while I was at it, and now I have 7 half pints (oh that reminds me of Laura Ingles - but I digress). Unfortunately, the apple butter really didn't make the oatmeal I had for breakfast any more palatable. Maybe it will be better in Cream of Wheat as my husband calls it. I prefer to call it by its rightful name, Farina.

Well before you start turning green with envy ;-) please note my sink is full of dirty dishes and my bed hasn't been made in 2 days.

Next weeks project won't be nearly as fun it involves bank statements and Quickbooks...

No comments: