Wednesday, February 13, 2008

6,307, 200 to Go

I was reminded via a bouquet of Valentine Flowers that there are only 6,307,200 seconds to go until the Wedding Day. I will stick to thinking in terms of days not seconds. Besides I have always had trouble saying numerical words for anything over a hundred thousand.

Now a frequent question I get is "How are the wedding plans going?"
And great progress has been made. Why people say you need a year to plan a wedding is beyone me.

So far we have a wedding dress & veil, photographer, a caterer (menu is selected), DJ is reserved, the invitations arrived today, and florist has been booked. Mom has her dress, Dad has a new suit and mom found the cutest little pale pink dress for our flower girl at TJMaxx.

There has been some consternation over colors which is not fully decided yet but by God there will be pink flowers! So now all that is left to do is little stuff, favors, addressing envelopes, picking out music for the play list & ceremony, finding a bridesmaid dress (ok this one is not so little), arrange who sits where at the reception, pick out flowers etc. I am sure there are lots of other things, but for the most part I am remaining calm. The hardest part is done and that is getting the groom and I Thank God for him. He's done good.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

WOW! You are good! Sounds like things are rolling along. I am out tissue shopping so I have the perfect tissues to use when I cry tears of happiness for you.

LOL! And I love your comment about the hardest part is getting the groom! How true!