Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Duty & Dentist

It's not often you get to go to jury duty and the dentist on the same day - 2 things that people "love" to do. Today, was my lucky day - I did both!

9am I reported for jury duty at the county courthouse. I was one of 75 potential jurors questioned for none other than a murder case! I sat with in feet of an accused murderer. Can you believe that? It freaked me out.

I didn't get picked - only 2 women were picked. It was an interesting experience to say the least and I could probably say more about it... I liked how you could give you stipend to a local charity. Rather than going to the bank to cash a check for $13. I was appalled at the number of people who dressed like they were going to the gym. This is professional atmosphere and your fulfilling a civic duty - for heavens sake come up with something better than sweatpants!

By 12:45pm the jury had been picked and I was on my merry way. I headed back to work where I had to hurry to catch up because I knew I need to get out in time to get to the dentist.
I'll admit I wished I had just not gone back to work.

I am glad to have had the experience... Jury duty is not like Law and Order. Real life is really slow!

Glad to report also my chompers are just fine!

1 comment:

Brandy said...

WOW! Two big things in one day! Pretty neat!