Thursday, April 26, 2007

What Would Jesus Drive?

So I woke up today thinking about left hand turns. This lead me to thinking about Jesus as a automobile driver and wondering whether he would let left hand turners make their turns or not. This led me to thinking about what kind of car Jesus would drive if he was on earth today.


Initially, I decided it would be a Honda Hybrid for personal use -because they are fuel efficient and though I highly doubt Jesus would be a radical environmentalist I do think he would be conscious of being a good steward of the earth he created- and also a white 15 passenger van when taking the guys out.


Walter was thinking more along the lines of a Jeep. In response to my Hybrid notion he said:


"He wouldn't be foolhardy and wasteful, but if you knew how wasteful
hybrids are in the grand scheme of things (such as increased energy
invested towards manufacture and disposal of large and
expensive batteries every 5 to 7 years) they don't look as
appealing as the environmentalist types would like you to
think. More goes into making a car than what the car can recover itself.
Manufacturing is a funny thing. .... maybe a Subaru Outback?"


Yes of course an Outback!The perfect compromise!

I did also suggest that since he was a carpenter maybe some kind of truck maybe a Dodge Ram or something but then again maybe he would drive a Suburban just get a rise out of the Pharisaical environmentalists!


So what of the question of whether Jesus would let the left hand turners turn or not. For that I came to this conclusion, as he is driving down the road he knows who needs to learn patience and who doesn't, he knows who can't afford to be late, he also knows who should be late. Simultaneously, he holds up traffic and lets it go with each persons route in mind. (He does this even when he isn't driving ;-) The fact that he recently let me turn left still has me a little surprised.

2 comments:

Janel said...

I don't know. Maybe he would drive a Toyota Sienna? I mean, it's great on gas - 25 miles per gallon - holds a lot of adults comfortably (even in the backest of back seats), supports our economy (75% made in the U.S.A.!), holds lots and lots of stuff with the seats down and looks great in light blue. ;)

Anonymous said...

Cute post and great food for thought! Hmmm....how about a Saturn?