Monday, September 23, 2024

A Series of Poems

 Sometimes when you feel a little lost writing poetry helps to find things out. 
And so, a series of poetry.


A Patch of Plaid 
Green and Blue on a field of White
Fresh - new - alive                                                                                                                                  answered? for a time
but
not enough
disappointment
muddy faces
cold shoulders, colder cocoons                                                                                                                      dead green and blue no more field of white


House of cards what do you hide? 
Contempt and Hostility 
Brokenness and pride
Who are you? 
They don't know
You guard your house of cards


Imagine
-if you prayed
-if you hugged
-if you let a kind word abound
but no
- too silent
- too frustrated
- too tight lipped
so what abounds?

Loneliness
-Coldness
-hostility
-Contempt
-Brokenness
I wonder, I imagine 
If the better stuff abounded who I might be now?


Joy Thief
"Comparison is the thief of joy"
And I have never been perfect
Forget things
Don't close things
Ask too many questions
Think differently
Expectations not realized
The wrongs always noticed 
The rights always unnoticed
So, joy steals away
All that is left is the long list of failures



If I were a book
I may sit tall on a shelf.
If I were a book 
I may be looked at with care.
If I were a book
I may be caressed and cherished.
But no, I am just thrown around like my words don't matter
I am not a book though
I am not his book.



Why did you renig?
Why did you leave me?
seemingly alone
I am in exile
You don't hold my hand
I can't feel you near me
I cry before you 
but only feel the cement ceiling on my head
I carry on watching, trying to be normal
To still not loose heart to not abandon what I know.
Half life - wanting more but I don't hear you.
So I stand and wonder why?
What did I do?
What can be done?
Won't you fight for me?

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I am so glad you published these online. I am a big fan of your writing! I especially like the House of Cards poem. That one is my favorite!